Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
The professionally trained experts at SERVPRO of Midland/Gladwin Counties provide biohazard cleanup services that utilize a science based, safety centered standard. Because each scene is unique, our technicians undergo extensive training for cleanup of unattended natural death, suicide, homicide, removal of gases on properties used by law enforcement, meth labs, hoarding and decontamination of homes and businesses after viral or bacterial incidents. At SERVPRO of Midland/Gladwin Counties, we know improper cleanup can cause unhealthy and unsafe environments. That’s why we inspect every surface for signs of contamination. Whether it’s blood, fluids, or tissue, our technicians have the tools and equipment to detect every spot, splatter or shard. Biohazard cleanups are the hardest cleanup sites we face as industry experts. But rest assured when SERVPRO of Midland/Gladwin Counties has completed the cleaning, your property will be restored to a safe and healthy environment.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (989) 835-5015
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Midland / Gladwin Counties has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities: