We are Here to Help® Get Your Business Back to Normal
SERVPRO of Midland / Gladwin Counties offer cleaning services including the removal of biohazard contaminants. We have the specialized training and products to get your property back to business.
SERVPRO is being called on by numerous businesses and community leaders to perform the necessary bioremediation services to clean, disinfect and sanitize their properties. All of our cleanup practices are in accordance with the guidelines provided by the CDC and local authorities. If you are interested in inquiring about our services we’re here to help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week, while life gets back to normal in the communities, we all call home.
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line meet this standard and carry the EPA-registered emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
SERVPRO can respond quickly and effectively to help minimize business interruption to your company.
We are uniquely prepared during this unprecedented time to clean and disinfect your home or business according to the protocols set forth by the CDC. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and tables at a minimum. These same surfaces are mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces as well.
Our team is trained to perform a proactive cleanup that involves facility or structure cleaning and disinfection. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of waste.
We are Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – 989-835-5015
Helpful Hygiene Tips on COVID-19
Across the nation and the world as a whole, Coronavirus is the top headline. If you haven’t being paying attention to the news, many events are being cancelled around the nation because of this outbreak.
During this time, it is extremely important to maintain extra vigilant personal hygiene and safety precautions. Here are some helpful tips to follow:
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. When soap and running water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Stay home when you have a fever or present a risk of spreading illness to others.
- Maintain a proper social distance between people (3 feet).
- Shaking hands and other forms of social greeting that creates contact with other people is discouraged during this period.
As always, SERVPRO is here to help. With the continuous spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), time is the upmost priority. We can help minimize the transmission of emerging viral pathogens, including COVID-19. Our team has been proactively cleaning businesses and homes since the virus reached Michigan. For more information, please call us at 989-835-5015.
SERVPRO® of Midland / Gladwin Counties is trained in adhering to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
SERVPRO® of Midland / Gladwin Counties offer cleaning services including the removal of biohazard contaminants. We have the specialized training and products to get your property back to business.
The CDC is responding to an outbreak of a respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) coronavirus that was first detected in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China and has spread to 60 locations internationally (as of this publication), including cases in the United States. The virus known as “coronavirus disease 2019” (abbreviated “COVID-19”)i is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person or through respiratory droplets when an infected person coughs or sneezes. It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.
Scope of Cleanup Protocol
SERVPRO of Midland / Gladwin Counties can perform a proactive cleanup that involves facility or structure cleaning and disinfection where the customer states that there is no active known threat of COVID-19 contamination or exposure. The customer will be required to acknowledge that cleaning and disinfecting will only apply to the current state of the structure and contents. The structure would not be protected from future COVID-19 contamination if an infected person was to enter and occupy the building.
Cleanup Scope of Work and Planning
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and tables at a minimum. These same surfaces are mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces as well, including:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Shelving and Racks
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
Cleanup and Disinfecting Procedures
Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of waste.
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar type organisms to COVID-19.
SERVPROXIDE™, SERVPRO’s proprietary disinfectant, is a hospital-grade disinfectant that has demonstrated effectiveness against viruses similar to COVID-19 on hard, non-porous surfaces. Currently there are no disinfectants that have been tested specifically for this particular emerging viral pathogen. However, per the CDC, this product can be used against COVID-19. In addition, SERVPROXIDE™ currently has dozens of EPA-approved claims including Feline coronavirus, Canine coronavirus, Staphylococcus (MRSA), E. coli, Salmonella, Rotavirus, Swine flu (H1N1) and more. Porous materials like carpet, rugs, upholstered items, and draperies that are not water sensitive can also be wet cleaned using SERVPROXIDE™.
From The Ordinary…
Fungi and mold naturally occur in our environment. In fact, over 100,000 kinds of fungi have been identified. Even though some forms of mold can add value to our lives, other forms can be harmful. Excessive amounts of mold, different types of mold, and/or exposure to molds may present health concerns for some people.
To The Unhealthy…
Intrusion of water into your home or place of business can result in mold growth. Water intrusions can result from storm damage, plumbing or equipment failures, long-standing leaks, and poor humidity control. When water intrusions are not addressed right away, the resulting damage can resent increased risk of harmful mold growth. If the humidity and moisture levels in a water-damaged environment are not promptly returned to normal, mold spores may grow and multiply.
SERVPRO of Midland / Gladwin Counties handle water damages every day and know prompt action is required to prevent mold growth. If there is an ongoing moisture problem in the building, be alert for:
- The presence of visible mold
- Strong musty odors, which may indicate mold is present
- Any evidence of past moisture problems that might have caused undetected mold growth.
- Excessive humidity
These conditions may require the expertise of a qualified Indoor Air Quality/Environment Professional to inspect the building for mold growth and water damage problems.
We care about proper restoration of your structure and, in most water damage situations, can safely restore your building to preloss condition.
Prevent Wind Damage
At SERVPRO, we handle any type of storm damage from a disaster, including wind damage. High winds can rip off shingles, siding, doors and roofs of homes, leaving considerable amount of destruction. When protecting your home from wind damage, make sure to focus on the weak points of your home: windows, doors, roofing, siding and garage doors. Also, consider the trees and outdoor furniture that can crash into your home from high winds.
Follow these steps below to limit the amount of wind damage to your home:
- Cover Windows and Doors: You should consider installing storm shutters to your windows, doors and sliding glass doors. In a storm, you can quickly close the shutters to prevent flying objects from breaking glass. You can find steel or aluminum storm shutters; both can protect against high winds.
- Inspect your garage door: High winds can blow off a garage door and damage what’s inside, which potentially can cause structural damage to your home. Have a garage door company inspect your garage door to determine its ability to withstand strong winds. It’s always better to be safe than sorry.
- Secure shingles: High wind can blow shingles from your roof, making your home vulnerable to rain, which creates the need for an emergency door repair. When stabling down shingles, roofers should staple at least six nails should one down. You should also install a waterproof underlayment beneath the shingles for protection against rain.
- Secure your outdoor furniture: Outdoor furniture and grills should be bolted down by decks or patios. Use ground anchors with cables and chains to ensure security.
- Remove trees close to your home: Any trees around your home that can potentially fall into your home during severe weather should be removed. A tree should sit farther away from the home than the height of the tree when fully grown.
If your home happens to suffer from wind damage, we are always here to help! Our crew is ready 24/7 for whenever a disaster strikes.
Washing Machine Maintenance
Washing machines are essential to every household. Nobody wants to wash clothes the old fashioned way by scrubbing them in a sink or bucket. That is why it is important to maintain your washer machine and keep it running smoothly. For some helpful tips on maintaining your washing machine, read below!
- Inspect the hoses: Check your machine’s water hoses for signs of wear and tear every month. Any leak or burst can cause a flood, water damage and even mold in your home. It is recommended to replace washing machine hoses every five years.
- Don’t overload it: Look at the owner’s manual and follow the instructions for appropriate loading sizes. Overloading your washer machine will throw the machine off balance, causing potential water overflow.
- Use the right amount of detergent: Again, follow your owner’s manual for the manufacturer’s recommended amount of detergent. Using too much can cause foaming along with overflow, causing water damage to your home.
- Wipe down the drum, gasket and door: Wiping your machine down once a month will help ensure the waster won’t give off odors that can seep into your clothes.
If your washer machine happens to cause flooding and water damage to your home, no worries, we are here to help! Our team will remove the water and use drying equipment to control temperatures and humidity, minimizing secondary damage. If there is mold damage, we can also control and remove mold contaminants while protecting the health and safety of your home.
Learn About Air Scrubbers
Air scrubbers, or negative air machine, is a portable air filtration machine. It draws air from the surrounding environment and passes through a series of filters. These filters efficiently remove particles from the air to help improve indoor air quality.
Why does SERVPRO® use Air Scrubbers?
The goal of every restoration job is to safely and efficiently return the indoor environment to preloss condition for the customer.
Any job that involves cleanup of sewage, mold and or fire damage will generate significant amounts of particulates and odoriferous (smelly) gases. These contaminants are a direct result of the damage itself, as well as the necessary process of treating and cleaning damaged materials. An air scrubber helps prevent these undesirable and potentially harmful particles and gases from remaining in the indoor environment.
Mold remediation projects can release large quantities of mold and fungal spores into the air. These indoor air pollutants can affect the health and comfort of occupants. Air scrubbers are equipped with multiple pre-filters for removal of visible airborne particles. The final stage filter, HEPA, captures microscopic particles and microbes such as fungal spores. HEPA filters can capture particles as small as 0.3 micros.
If you have odors from sewage, mold, fire or water damage, let one of our professionals remove and remediate odors “Like it never even happened.”
The Hazards of Smoking
Smoking obviously isn’t the best habit to have. The dangers of smoking go beyond the harmful effects it has on one’s body, but it can also cause deadly fires. Cigarette butts can ignite:
- Dry underbrush outdoors
- Improper ash cans
Butts can ignite much more, including your home. It is important to be aware of what can easily ignite a fire in your home while smoking. Follow the tips below to avoid any flames!
- Smoke outdoors: Smoking indoors is just asking for a fire. Asking friends and family to smoke outside can avoid residential fires. When butts are left inside the home furniture, books, curtains and flammable items are at risk for catching fire.
- Don’t use pants as ashtrays: Tossing butts into plants or even onto grass can easily catch fire. Dry leaves and plants can easily catch fire from a cigarette butt. Rather than tossing a butt into a plant or grass, find an ashtray or stomp out your butt.
- Never smoke sleepy: If you are smoking while you are feeling sleepy, PUT THE CIGARETTE OUT! It will surprise you how many residential fires are caused by sleepy smoking. Falling asleep in your bed or couch can be deadly.
Smoking is a common habit and is one that imposes a fire risk. Learn what not to do and be careful. If your home ever suffers from fire damage from a cigarette, please reach out to us at 989-835-5015. We can restore your home and even get rid of the smell.
Biohazard, Vandalism & Crime Scene Oh My!
Recognized as a leading fire and water cleanup and restoration provider by hundred of insurance companies, SERVPRO® of Midland / Gladwin Counties offer fast, reliable biohazard, vandalism, and crime scene cleanup and remediation services to residential and commercial property owners.
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences for building occupants, employees, customers and owners. Failure to properly handle and safely remove such substances can contribute to unhealthy and even dangerous environments.
SERVPRO® of Midland / Gladwin Counties is trained to safely and effectively remove hazardous biological substances and prepare waste for proper disposal according to OSHA, EPA, and state and local health regulations. Equipped with the necessary safety equipment and cleaning products, SERVPRO® can help turn unsafe environments into clean, safe homes and businesses. SERVPRO® can help with:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Methamphetamine Labs
- Crime Scene Residues
- Sewage Backups
- Black Water Intrusions
- Mold Mitigations and Remediation
If your commercial building has be exposed to biological and chemical contaminants, call us immediately at 989-835-5015. Our team is always “Ready for whatever happens” 24/7.